The Office of Experiential Learning & Professional Engagement (ELPE) provides co-op and internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students for professional work, research, service, and global learning across the United States and around the globe. Whether you have an established co-op or internship program already in place or are just starting the process of hiring student talent, ELPE is a “one stop shop” to advertise your domestic or global co-op or internship opportunities.
Quick Facts about Global Co-ops and Internships:
- Start and end dates correspond with university semesters. Co-ops and Internships are full time, paid positions.
- There is some flexibility with both co-op schedules. A combination of global and domestic placement rotations or all domestic/global placement rotations are possible. Internships typically are for summers only and must be a minimum of 12 weeks. ELPE team members can answer your specific questions.
- Assistance with housing is appreciated but not required.
- Students will be provided international insurance through the University.
Benefits of hiring a Pitt Intern/Co-op student:
- Access talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial students who possess a career objective directly related to the job.
- Both the two 6-month and the three 4-month co-op schedules enable our students to devote significant tiem to accomplish employer goals.
- Increase your business’ exposure to a valuable cohort of future professionals.
- A cost-effective approach to hiring, training, and evaluating young talent, creating a future pipeline for tomorrow’s workforce.
- An economical path to meet hiring needs. No fringe benefits or recruitment costs. Co-op/intern students can be paid as temporary hourly employees.
- Diversify your teams with students who have a different cultural perspective. Our students bring a wealth of multicultural experiences to contribute creative workplace solutions.
- Form a lasting partnership between your organization and the University of Pittsburgh.
Learn more about partnering with the Co-op and Internship Division of ELPE.
Ready to take the next step?
Questions? Please reach out to Chandra Colaresci, Global and Engineering Professional Development Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org or to Alicia Olalde, Director, SSOE Global Experiences and Engagement, email@example.com