The Office of Experiential Learning & Professional Engagement (ELPE) provides co-op and internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students for professional work, research, service, and global learning across the United States and the globe. Whether you have an established co-op or internship program already in place or are just starting the process of hiring student talent, ELPE is a “one stop shop” to advertise your domestic or global co-op or internship opportunities.
Quick Facts about Global Co-ops and Internships:
- Start and end dates correspond with university semesters. Co-ops and Internships are full time, paid positions.
- There is some flexibility with the 6-month co-op schedule, and either can be global placements or one domestic and one global placement. Internships typically are for summers only and must be a minimum of 12 weeks. ELPE can clarify your specific questions.
- Assistance with housing is appreciated but not required.
- Students will be provided international insurance through the University.
Benefits of hiring a Pitt Intern/Co-op student:
- Access a cohort of talented, ambitious, and entrepreneurial students who possess a career objective directly related to the job.
- Students are available for six-month terms --more time is spent on long-term for significant contributions to your workplace.
- Increase your business’ exposure to a valuable cohort of future professionals.
- A cost-effective approach to hiring, training, and evaluating young talent, creating a future pipeline for tomorrow’s workforce.
- An economical path to meet hiring needs: no fringe benefits, no recruitment costs. Co-op/Intern students can be paid as temporary hourly employees.
- Diversify your teams with students who have a different cultural perspective. Our students bring a wealth of multicultural experiences to contribute creative workplace solutions.
- Form a lasting partnership between your organization and the University of Pittsburgh.
CO-OP SCHEDULE EXAMPLES (coming soon)
Learn more about partnering with the Co-op and Internship Division of ELPE.
Ready to take the next step?
Questions? Please reach out to Alicia Olalde, Global Programs Manager, email@example.com