Continue to Hail to Pitt & Advance your career through an MS in Engineering
Pitt2Pitt (P2P) is a scholarship program that can help graduating University of Pittsburgh seniors complete a Pitt master's degree or certificate program. Through the Pitt2Pitt program, Pitt is offering streamlined admissions and a one-time award that will be disbursed over a fall and a spring semester. Scholarships will be provided on a first-come-first-served basis for qualifying students, so we encourage you to apply early.
The scholarship amounts are as follows:
- Full-time students: The scholarship for each semester will be $1,250 for Pennsylvania residents or fully online students. The scholarship for each semester will be $2,500 for out-of-state student
- Part-time students: The scholarship for each semester will be $625 for Pennsylvania residents or fully online students. The scholarship for each semester will be $1,250 for out-state students. Must enroll in a minimum of 4.5 credits.
The Swanson School of Engineering has several participating MS Engineering Programs which can be found below. Applications are now being accepted for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 terms. Deadlines can be found here. International students who are seeking visas at the graduate level need to apply prior to the OIS deadline. Please visit this page for more information.
Qualifications to receive P2P Scholarship:
- Earned your undergraduate degree from Pitt (Graduates from Regional Campuses ARE eligible)
- Exclusively for Pitt graduating seniors and recent alumni. Priority will be given to those who have completed their BS degree within the last year.
- 3.5+ GPA is guaranteed scholarship consideration. If your GPA is a 3.25+, your application will be evaluated on a case by case basis to qualify for MS programs in Engineering and meet undergraduate major/prerequisite requirements.
- You do NOT need to have a BS in Engineering to be eligible to apply for an MS in Engineering. Learn more here.
Please direct questions to Stephanie Opalinski via email@example.com.
PARTICIPATING MS ENGINEERING PROGRAMS:
- Professional MS in Chemical Engineering (+Bridging Program)
- Professional MS in Industrial Engineering
- Professional MS in Sustainable Engineering
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Construction Management Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Environmental Engineering Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Sustainable Engineering Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Geotechnical and Pavements Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Structural Engineering and Mechanics Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Transportation Engineering Focus
- Professional MS in Civil and Environmental Engineering - Water Resources Focus
- Professional MS in Bioengineering - Medical Product Engineering Focus
- Professional MS in Bioengineering - Neural Engineering Focus
- Professional MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Professional MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional MS in Materials Science
- Professional MS in Nuclear Engineering
Frequently Asked Questions
Eligible students should have at least a 3.25 to be considered. 3.5 GPA students and above will be given priority.
At this time, the Pitt2Pitt scholarship is only open to those applicants with a 3.25 or higher, however a 3.5 GPA and above will be given priority. Additionally, students with lower GPAs should show an upward academic trajectory.
The GRE is being waived for all Summer 2021, Fall 2021, and Spring 2022 applicants.
Yes – the Pitt2Pitt scholarship is open to graduating seniors and recent Pitt alumni. Priority will be given to those who have completed their bachelor's degree within the last year.
Pitt2Pitt is for our recent undergraduate graduates. At this time, recent master’s graduates interested in an additional master’s program are ineligible to apply for P2P but welcome to apply via our traditional application routes. Select departments and programs do offer additional funding to applicants. You can find our traditional graduate application here.
At this time, the joint MBA-MSE program is not participating in P2P.
Students who receive the Provost’s Pitt2Pitt Scholarship may be full-time or part-time students during the MS program and the scholarship will not exceed 2 academic terms. Should a scholarship awardee take longer than 2 terms or want to complete additional coursework or research, they will be given the graduate tuition rate.
The expedited application requires:
- Demographic Information
- Academic Transcript
- Personal Statement
- GRE is not required
We are reviewing and processing applications as they are submitted. You should expect to receive an ‘unofficial’ decision letter from your Department of interest following your application. As we are working to finalize the logistics of scholarship funds, you will receive an official decision letter with funding information.