Official Transcripts


Applicants seeking admission to graduate study must hold a bachelor's degree (or the equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited institution as determined by the University of Pittsburgh). Proof from official documents (not photocopies) that this degree has been conferred is required before admitted students are permitted to register for course work.

Transcripts from all institutions attended (undergraduate and graduate) must be included in the EngineeringCAS application. These will be considered unofficial transcripts. Students who are admitted and intend to enroll are required to provide official, original academic records from each academic institution (undergraduate and/or graduate) attended. Official, original academic credentials that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. In addition, in cases where the grade reports, academic record, examination results, or transcript do not attest to the awarding of a degree or other academic qualification, a certified copy of the original certificate or diploma awarding the degree or qualification must be submitted.


Transcripts submitted with the EngineeringCAS application are considered to be unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts are required as a condition of admission.

We understand that some students will be bringing transcripts with them to Pittsburgh, so we allow transcripts to be submitted during the first week of classes. Transcripts are due by the Friday of the first week of classes. Specific dates for upcoming terms are as follows:

Start Term Official Transcripts Due Date
Spring 2024 Friday January 12, 2024
Fall 2024 Friday August 30, 2024


An official transcript from every institution that was listed on your application:

  • If you graduated from the institution, the transcript must show the date of graduation and degree(s) awarded.
  • If your transcript does not show a graduation date, then a certificate of completion or diploma confirming the degree may need to be submitted as well.
  • A transcript in a language other than English will need to be submitted with a certified English translation (both original language and English translation are required). 

  • Official transcripts should be submitted to Engineering Student Records.
  • Digital transcripts can be sent directly from the university/college, or an affiliated partner (e.g. Parchment) to Engineering Student Record’s email address
  • Original paper transcripts (not copies) can be brought to 151 Benedum Hall when you are in Pittsburgh at the start of the term so they can be evaluated and scanned into our record system.
  • For international students: If you have transcripts in your possession that you believe satisfy this requirement, please bring them to 151 Benedum Hall when you are in Pittsburgh at the start of the term no later than the first week of class for evaluation before ordering new copies or paying international shipping fees. 

  • Any transcripts that you submitted as part of your admission application or to Liaison/EngineeringCAS do not satisfy this requirement.
  • Any transcripts that you have submitted to any other office on campus do not satisfy this requirement.
  • The Office of Admission Financial Aid (OAFA) manages undergraduate admissions. Do not submit your transcripts to OAFA.
    If you believe you have submitted transcripts after you accepted your admission, please let the Engineering Student Records office know and they will investigate.

We know that ordering transcripts sometimes incurs a small fee, and we hope the costs of ordering these documents is minimal.  Please do not spend extra on services such as expedited shipping or replacement diplomas unless absolutely necessary. Please consult with Engineering Student Records if you are unsure.


If you do not meet the transcript submission deadline, an SSOE Academic Hold will be visible on your PeopleSoft student account as a reminder to fulfill this requirement. While these transcript holds don’t block enrollment, they do block graduation. So if you see a transcript hold on your account, please take steps to get it resolved.