Pitt | Swanson Engineering
Official Transcripts
Graduate Admissions

Applicants seeking admission to graduate study must hold a bachelor's degree (or the equivalent to a four-year U.S. bachelor's degree from an accredited institution as determined by the University of Pittsburgh). Proof from official documents (not photocopies) that this degree has been conferred is required before admitted students are permitted to register for course work.

Applicants are required to submit official, original academic records from each academic institution (undergraduate and/or graduate) attended. In addition, in cases where the grade reports, academic record, examination results, or transcript do not attest to the awarding of a degree or other academic qualification, a certified copy of the original certificate or diploma awarding the degree or qualification must be submitted. Official, original academic credentials, certificates, or diplomas that are issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Personal copies of your records will not be regarded as official. 

Please do NOT send hard copies of materials that have been submitted electronically. Original documents are NOT required until you are admitted and decide to attend the University of Pittsburgh.