Mission and Vision
The mission of the Swanson School of Engineering is to produce highly qualified engineers and useful creative research and technology through academic excellence.
The faculty and staff at the University of Pittsburgh Swanson School of Engineering will be recognized for providing excellent educational programs, for conducting leading-edge research, and for creating innovative industrial partnerships.
Swanson School of Engineering leaders are committed to:
- Scholarship and creativity
- Collegiality and open-mindedness
- Student satisfaction with their University experience
- Diversity in staff, faculty, and our student body
- Accountability for our performance
- Quality in teaching and research
- Academic freedom
- Shared governance and responsibility
- Interdisciplinary collaboration