Geology & Planetary Science
• BS Biology University of Colorado, Boulder
• MS Geology University of Colorado, Boulder – Department of Geological Sciences and the Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research
• PhD Geology University of Minnesota - Department of Geology and Geophysics the Limnological Research Center
• Postdoc University of Massachusetts, Amherst - Department of Geosciences and the Climate System Research Center
• Started at Pitt in September of 2011
I have done much of my research at interdisciplinary centers working in collaboration with geologists, biologists, archeologists and chemists. I am a stratigrapher who uses lake sediments to investigate geochemical, biogeochemical and stable isotopic signatures of climate change and human history. Much of my work is focused on drought and glacial history in the Americas with the greater goal of documenting the long-term spatial and temporal patterns of climate change.