- All faculty, staff, students, and non-Pitt employees working in laboratories involving chemicals, including gases, must complete EH&S’s Chemical Hygiene Safety Training and, if applicable, Bloodborne Pathogen Training before entering the laboratory.
- Mandatory Safety Training
- Chemical Hygiene / Formaldehyde
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Training Options
- Live training sessions (especially recommended for the 1st) are typically held approximately every 2 weeks in Benedum.
- Web-based, on-line training
- Required “Refresher” Training
- Chemical Hygiene Safety Training – every 3 years
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training – yearly
- Additional specific training may be required, for example in the use of HF or lasers
- These will be identified through Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to be submitted for each laboratory, equipment, and experiments
- Additional training is required for the shipping of hazardous goods including gases, chemicals, and dry ice
- The Faculty Member should contact EH&S to discuss additional training
Training Schedule 2018:http://www.ehs.pitt.edu/assets/docs/2018TrainingDates.pdf