PARTNER with Pitt and the Swanson School of Engineering
Why Engage With Us?
Corporate relations at the University of Pittsburgh provides the opportunity for you to interact with our world-class faculty and students; utilize some of the most advanced equipment in the world; solve your research challenges; and keep your team on
edge of innovation!
Here at Pitt, we are dedicated to providing your organization with:
- Straightforward collaboration with a top research institution in the U.S.
- Access to cutting edge equipment often inaccessible to industry
- Customized support catered toward meeting your goals and objectives
- Synergetic partnerships with award-winning researchers
Learn more about how Pitt can help your business…
Utilize Research and Development
We’ll Help You Get Started
Get an edge on the competition by partnering with Pitt, and gain insight into the latest scientific and technological progress. Let us kick-start your research by helping you determine the appropriate level of engagement with our team to
suit your business. First we listen, then we connect
you with the proper expertise and resources to meet your goals. The Swanson School offers multiple pathways for you to collaborate with us:
- Our faculty and staff can perform work in a fee-for-service mode
- We can train your employees to work in our facilities in third-party, on-site service
- Your business can receive facility-wide use of select research sites
- We can establish co-located space for your company to collaborate with our faculty and staff on projects
Click here for a full list of our advanced laboratories and research facilities open to industry.
License Our Technologies and Invest in Our Startups
Harness New Ideas
Expand your business through licensing an innovation! With over $700 million in annual sponsored research, the University of Pittsburgh is the birthplace of new technological developments across a myriad of disciplines.
Our innovations and technologies are available to be licensed to corporate partners through our comprehensive Innovation Institute.
At the Innovation Institute, you can shop
our list of available innovations to license, lead a startup or even be a
mentor to young entrepreneurs! In 2015 alone, 21 companies spun out of Pitt based on university research and student innovations.
Educate and Develop Your Workforce
Committed to Learning
Our own-campus and professional graduate programs develop the essential knowledge and skills that contribute to employee success in the workforce. These programs include:
- Group tuition rates for professional degree and certificate programs
- On-site or online “Lunch & Learn” and program information sessions
- Aligning your company’s learning objectives with one of our degree, certificate, or course programs to help meet your training needs
- Customized training workshops with engineering faculty
Click here for more information about our professional graduate programs.
Engage and Recruit Top Students
Let Us Introduce You to Students Prepared to Succed
We recruit the most promising
students who can in turn become your recruits too! On average, Swanson School undergraduates rank in the top 8% of their high school graduating class, with an average SAT score of 1405 and average GPA of 4.23. Our Pitt faculty builds upon the
solid foundation of scholars to develop them into successful individuals well-equipped for
the workforce. Hiring a Pitt graduate is made easier through a variety of recruitment services, including:
- STEM-specific career fairs
- Information sessions
- Keynote speaker opportunities
- Executive breakfasts
- Co-op and internship programs
- Case study competitions
- Student organization events
- Customized recruiting events
Support the Swanson School of Engineering
Boost Your Corporate Engagement Through Philanthropy
your corporation’s influence by giving back to Pitt. Targeted philanthropic programs help corporations achieve business goals by investing in Pitt engineering programs, creating a synergistic relationship between the workplace and the classroom.
Corporate philanthropy ensures that the University is able to help students, deliver outstanding education programs, and make a positive impact in our community. Pitt’s Office of Institutional Advancement can help you contribute through:
- Sponsored events and awards for students
- Matching Gift Programs
- Non-monetary donations aka “Gifts in Kind”
- Endowments, and more!