Pitt | Swanson Engineering
Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science Undergraduate Admissions


All incoming engineering students submit a general University application for admission. Online application is preferred. Be sure to indicate Engineering Undecided (230100) as your first choice of major.

For more information about the admissions process, contact the University's Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. 

More information on undergraduate admissions at Swanson School of Engineering can be found here:


The Swanson School of Engineering encourages applications from transfer students. Currently, almost half of the students receiving the BSE degree transferred into the school. Transfer applicants are evaluated according to their academic records and potential for completing their particular engineering programs. Read more about transferring.